1. SPONSOR. Comisión de Promoción del Perú para la Exportación y el Turismo - PROMPERU, with offices located at Calle Uno Oeste 50 - Mincetur, Lima 27, Peru ("PROMPERU")
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Peru on a Plate Sweepstakes ("Promotion") begins on Monday, November 21 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on Friday, December 23, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST ("Promotion Period").
3. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the forty eight (48) contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia (the "Territory"), who are of legal age of majority in their state and/or district of residence (and at least 18 as of the date of entry). Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, its affiliates and associate companies, as well as those who assist or work on a permanent basis with Sponsor, their advertising, fulfillment, marketing and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such individuals not eligible to enter or win. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void in Hawaii, Alaska and where prohibited.
Do not proceed to participate in this Promotion if you are not located within the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia.
Those whose country of residence is different to the United States may only access the Promotion's webpage and application, but are not entitled to enter or win.
4. HOW TO ENTER. Internet access is required to enter and all entries must be submitted online through the Promotion Landing Page (as defined below) during the Promotion Period. To enter, Entrants must visit and access http://wings.peru.travel/ (the "Promotion Landing Page") and complete all required fields of the online entry form pursuant to the instructions provided. Once the entry form is filled out in its entirety and submitted, entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Promotion. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified.
Entrants must provide a valid email address to Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account used to register for the Promotion on the date the entry was submitted to the Sponsor. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof that he/she is the authorized email account holder.
The file of entrants will be stored in a database belonging to Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cross-reference between the database of customers registered for the Promotion and internal databases, offering special offers or promotions, requesting to updates to their records and emails, in addition to sending offers and promotions from Sponsor or its affiliates and other promotional partners involved in this Promotion including LATAM Airlines, Inkaterra, ExOfficio, Adventure.Travel and The Nature Conservancy. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an email mailing list for promotional and other purposes from Sponsors, its affiliates and other partners. Entrant may opt-out of these communications at any time.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected and notified via email on/or about December 28, 2016 and will be required to respond within (2) business days. If the potential Grand Prize Winner (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within two (2) business days from the time Sponsors’ first attempts to notify him/her confirming receipt of Grand Prize notification; (iii) fails to accept the Grand Prize within one (1) week from the time contact is establish as is outlined in point (ii); (iv) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified; (v) refuses the Grand Prize; and/or (vi) the Grand Prize or Grand Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. After three (3) such alternate winners have been selected without securing eligible winners, the Grand Prize may remain un-awarded. The Grand Prize Winner must meet all eligibility requirements of the Promotion to be declared the "Winner" of the Promotion. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
THE POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE PROMOTION SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND NOTIFIED AND SUCH VERIFICATION PROCESS IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS OWN VALIDATION PROCESS.
Potential Grand Prize winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit") (except where prohibited), which must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize (if applicable). All alternate potential winners (as described above) are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Grand Prize trip must be booked through Sponsor’s agency and must be completed by December 31, 2017 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
6. GRAND PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the below Grand Prize Package. The approximate retail value ("ARV") may vary and may change subject to current market conditions at the time of prize award.
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE: One (1) Grand Prize winner and companion will receive a seven (7) day bird watching and adventure trip to the Amazon, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu in Peru. The Grand Prize package includes:
- LATAM Airlines will offer two (2) round-trip tickets in Economy Class for the Grand Prize Winner and one companion from one of LATAM’s gateways in the US (MIA, LAX or JFK) to final destinations in Peru, operated by LATAM Airlines Group or its affiliates. ARV of both Flights to/from Peru: $3,500
- Should the Grand Prize Winner not reside in one of LATAM’s gateways, LATAM will also cover costs of flights for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) companion departing from any airport in the forty eight (48) contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia, with direct flights to one of the aforementioned gateways (MIA, LAX or JFK), not exceeding a total value of $1,500 for both Grand Prize Winner and one companion.
- Inkaterra will provide the Grand Prize Winner and companion one (1) "Inkaterrra Amazonica, Mach Picchu and Sacred Valley Bird Watching Adventure" 7-day trip for two. Included in this prize, are lodging and some meals, with a total ARV of $6,306, courtesy of Inkaterra.
- PROMPERU, via Inkaterra Experiences, will cover all land ground transfers for Grand Prize winner and companion. AVR of ground transfers: $1,310
- Prize package provided by Inkaterra is valid for travel from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply and must be confirmed with Sponsor at time of Prize Redemption.
- ExOffico will outfit the Grand Prize Winner and companion apparel clothing for two (2), with a total ARV of $500, courtesy of ExOfficio Apparel clothing are subject to ExOfficio approval and available stock inventory and may be substituted at ExOfficio’s sole discretion.
- The Nature Conservancy will offer the Grand Prize Winner and companion a one-year Membership to The Nature Conservancy (which includes a years subscription to Nature Conservancy magazine, Great Places a monthly e-newsletter filled with nature photography and Updates on conservation) with a total ARV of $105.
- Adventure.Travel will offer two Eagle Creek Pack It Cubes, for the Grand Prize Winner and companion. ARV $60. Eagle Creek Pack It Cubes are subject to Adventure.Travel approval and available stock inventory and may be substituted at Adventure.Travel’s sole discretion.
Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize package: $13,281
Grand Prize ticket does not include taxes such as airport taxes, personal items, additional flights, trips, extra meals, surcharges or any administration fees that may apply. These costs must be paid at the time of issuing ticket. In the event, the Grand Prize winner would have to travel to an airport where LATAM Airlines operates flights, the Grand Prize winner shall be responsible for all costs associated with such travel, whether by air or ground. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, such as, travel insurance, transportation or transfers within the country of residence of the winning participant and their companion (even when they reside outside the city from which they leave and/or to that where the flight returns) and or to/from airports, meals, gas, transportation costs, or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
LATAM will issue e-tickets unless otherwise instructed. Paper ticket will incur fees payable due by Grand Prize winner. Ticket is non-transferable and will not be re-issued if lost or stolen. Change fees may apply. Tickets will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion. Once issued, tickets are not transferable, nor may be negotiated or transferred to another person. Grand Prize winner and his/her companion must travel at the same time and travel the same itinerary and flights. Sponsors are not responsible for any missed connections, delays of any kind or any expenses incurred as a result of the use of this ticket. At the time the trip is made, the Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion are respectively responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required.
Sponsors are not responsible for difficulties experienced by the Winner and/or his/her travel companion’s failure to obtain any and all applicable visas and travel documents.
No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Grand Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Grand Prize Winner will not receive the difference between actual value and ARV. There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets issued in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods.
Sponsors and its affiliate carriers’ tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, and not on any code-shared flights operated by a carrier other than Sponsors or its affiliates. Trip subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round-trip. Winner must confirm with Sponsors to verify any additional blackout dates not listed herein. Due to high demand in air-travel, the Grand Prize is subject space availability. LATAM Airlines or LATAM Peru and/or its affiliates do not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes hotels, cruise, gear herein mentioned or that might be selected by the winner(s). All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsors. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability.
LATAM Airlines, LATAM Peru, LATAM Express and /or its affiliates are not responsible for injuries or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise outside the scope of air transportation provided. LATAM Airlines and its affiliates’ liability is limited in accordance to the terms and conditions of the Contract of Carriage and is subject to the provisions of the Montreal Convention and other applicable international or domestic rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
The earliest the Grand Prize Winner’s flight reservation may be confirmed is 45 days prior to his/her departure date.
The feature of the Grand Prize is fixed and modifications are not permitted by winner.
The Grand Prize air tickets will not be considered for LANPASS / LATAMPASS classification of any of the LANPASS member categories, or to move from one category to another, and do not include the right to earn kilometers miles in the LANPASS / LATAMPASS Frequent Flyer Program, with Oneworld, or any other program that might be implemented in the future.
By receipt of any prize, all Grand Prize winners agree to release and hold harmless LATAM Airlines, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
The Grand Prize Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winners' acceptance or use of the Prize.
By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Grand Prize.
Neither Sponsor nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or entries that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
By receipt of any prize, the Grand Prize winner agrees to release and hold harmless LATAM Airlines, and its respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
8. TAXES. The ARV of the Grand Prize stated above is based on Sponsors’ available information. Participants understand that the value of the Grand Prize will be taxable to winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide Sponsors’ with valid identification and a signed form W-9 with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. Residents of the 48 contiguous United States that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Grand Prize winner must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. MISCELLANEOUS. Incomplete entries are void. The Grand Prize is not transferable or assignable. The Grand Prize Winner will receive instructions on claiming the tickets via the same e-mail provided to Sponsor. Any change or errors to the email address is solely and exclusively the participant's responsibility, and not Sponsors.
The Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within seven (7) days of issuance of notification. Grand Prize winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18). Grand Prize winner’s guest may also be required to sign and return a Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to the issuance of travel documents. Non-compliance with the foregoing may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to an alternate winner.
Any and all person(s) accepting the Grand Prize, so long as there are no legal prohibitions, agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness on sponsor’s USA Twitter pages or for advertising or publicity purposes, and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the Grand Prize relating to Sponsor or its affiliates, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for any technical problems or technical malfunction that may affect the operation of the Promotion, including but not limited to hardware or software errors, faulty computer, telephone, cable satellite, network, electronic, wireless or internet connectivity or other online communication problems, errors or limitation of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers, grabbled, jumbled or faulty data transmission; failure of any e-mail transmissions, inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website, among others.
Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules, or to cancel or suspend this Promotion if its integrity is impaired by a virus or computer malfunction.